Friday, June 27, 2008

Wagon, what wagon?

Ok, so you are probably thinking that I fell off the wagon. Well, I guess in a sense I have. I have still been pretty conscience about what has been going in my mouth but I haven't been very vigilant. It is amazing how fast it all happens. Two weeks ago Neeley and Kayla had an acting camp every day that week that was right during my aerobics class. Then last week I had a family party and a funeral during my aerobics classes and this week Neeley had recital during one day and we were at the cabin the rest. Ok, so I know these are merely excuses. I realize that. I guess I need to come up with some back up plan for those days when I really can't make it to my class. Summer just seems so crazy. But you know, I always manage to make time for other important things, so I need to take time for myself to exercise. I am noticing some changes though. I have been eating less and more aware of what I am eating. In the past it was whatever, now I am actually thinking about things. I know this journey will be long but if I just keep plugging away at it, I can make it.

Well I now have a new incentive to kick start me back into action! I just joined a biggest loser club with a group of ladies. We are having a six week competition for who can lose the greatest percentage of body weight. Each person is putting in $20 and the winner takes all. If you are interested in joining let me know. Everyone is welcome and the more the better, it just makes my grand prize that much bigger! My goal is to lose 12 pounds. That's two pounds a week and 14% weight loss! We start June 30th and end August 11th. Times a ticking!

Good luck ladies!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That's awesome Jen. I totally hope you win. Way to go!

Ashby Family said...

Can people out of state join in? Just 2 weeks ago I finally decided I was mentally ready to just go for my weight loss goals. I've been doing really good the past two weeks with just a few slips and have already been able to trim down somewhere between 5-7 lbs. (my scale stinks so I have to give a range) I'll actually be in Utah for the finish day. (my goal is down to 150 by the first week of August, only about 8 more lbs to go if my scale isn't too crazy)