Monday, June 2, 2008

It's not as difficult as I make it out to be!

Resisting sweets has always been my down fall.  I look at the cake on my counter and think, well I just can't let that go to waste.  As if it is not being wasted in my body.  Go figure my logic.  Anyway, lately I have been trying to stay away from desserts to get my body off of this sugar high.  I have had a slip up or two but I am starting to realize that it really isn't a big deal to just skip  it.  I think in my head how horrible or sad it would be not to have this or that, but then when I actually stay away from it, I realize it really isn't that big of a deal.  I just didn't have it.  I walked away and I lived right through it.  The times I have done this I have felt so liberated.  It is like this guilt is just melting away and I feel empowered like I can conquer this weight thing!  When I give in it seems like I can't get enough of it.  It is like crack or something.  Then I feel yucky, both from eating it and thinking about the fact that I ate it.  I am slowly becoming more aware of how my eating habits effect that way I think and feel.  I like the healthy me much better!

2 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

Still cheering you on here! Thanks again. Also, totally understand the hard resisting the sweets thing. Why is that? Anyway, keep blogging because I need it!

Ashby Family said...

Jenny you are totally motivating! Thanks for doing your blog. On the sweets thing I completely get the idea of if you have one you can't stop. That's how I am. The concept of just one doesn't work with me its all or nothing. : ) Thanks for being so brave you have helped me not eat the oreo's that are down stairs that I bought for preschool. THANK YOU!!