Saturday, March 27, 2010

Excited TODAY!

The other day Jer looked at me and told me how good I was looking.  He asked if I was excited about it.  To him I replied that I didn't dare let myself get excited for fear that I would be complacent and become happy with where I am at.  This is when I had an ah ha moment.  He just looked at me and told me how silly that was.  He likened it to walking towards the sun on the horizon.  No matter how far we walk, we will never be any closer to it.  Why should I hold back my excitement for "the day" when I reach my weight loss goal.  After all, when I get there, it will be just in time to begin another goal.  You are right my love, I should be enjoying the journey and stop waiting for the moment when I arrive, because truthfully, I never will come to an ending spot, just a new horizon.

Now that I have unpacked the scale and finally have internet service again I can report.  As of this morning I was 150 and Today! I am ever so excited about that.   My goal of 130 by May 7th is coming quick.  All I have to do is keep up with about 2.5 pounds a week and I am there, just in time for my nephews wedding on May 14th, in Phoenix.  I feel a new swim suit coming on!  NO, not for the wedding, just the pool at the hotel silly!

No comments: