I realized that the times I want this stuff the most is when I am hungry. Instead of saying "I'm hungry" my body has this inner voice that screams, "FEED ME THE SUGAR!" I have started to recognize this as a cry out for food and not just a cry out for the junk. So before I can think about going for the junk I have quickly been getting something healthy to eat. This is a harder task for me than you might think. I used to snack on some junk as I made our meals. Now I just have to get the lunch together in a hurry. This has caused me to come up with some on the spot meals that I can always go to. My favorite for the week is some fat free refried beans topped with salsa. I warm it up and dip carrots and celery in it. I have decided it tastes better than chips in it and it is so easy to whip up. And I get the protein I need!
I now need to sit down and come up with a lot of other go to meals so that I have plenty to choose from when I get the urge to go for the junk! Hopefully over time my body will learn to send hunger signals and not junk signals!


1 comment:
Yes Jenny that is control! I'm so impressed you are doing so well. I don't know if I could have resisted that cake. I decided I can't go without little treats here and there so I am trying Weight Watchers approach to losing weight and am trying to choose my snacks very carefully and not bring things into the house that are too tempting. So far it is working great. Keep going. We can do it. : )
Post a Comment