First of all notice I said healthier!
My neighbor was kind enough to give us some zucchini from their garden. I love zucchini bread so I decided to make some with a few modifications. I exchanged out the oil and put in apple sauce and then used wheat flour instead of white. So, I know it still has lots of sugar from the sugar and the apple sauce, however, it is at least a little healthier from the original version. I wasn't sure if the family would eat it but it is a big hit! Even Jer (after a bit of teasing) liked it too! I figured I could eat a 1/2 a slice and still stay within my calorie allotment for the day. Yummy!
I am beginning to be pleasantly surprised by all of the yummy stuff I CAN eat. Instead of focusing on what is taboo I have been trying to find all kinds of great things that I can eat. It is a fun little challenge and I get excited when I find something that is better than the fatty alternative. My favorite? Turkey bacon. SOOOO much easier to cook and Jeremy even likes it better than the original. Now you know it has to be good if it passed the hubby test! Only 35 calories a slice with very little fat!


4 comments:
We love turkey bacon at our house. We can't even eat "normal" bacon anymore because it just doesn't taste as good. Your zuccini bread looks awesome! Have you found any other yummy healthy favorites?
ya I don't think I'll have a 2% this week (thats ok though because 4-5 lbs every week is a lot really fast) I'm just giving you chance to catch up ;)
So last night when I wrote to you I thought I had only lost 1lb for the week but I always do my final week weigh in right when I wake up on Monday morning. This morning when I woke up I was down 4lbs! This is what happened last week too. I've been weighing myself all morning because I can't believe it. Maybe Heavenly Father just likes to bless me on Monday for taking Sunday off? Hope you had a good week too!
Bring on the war I'm ready ;) (and then we can both celebrate how great we look in bathing suits in August)
AMEN!
Post a Comment